Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Term 1 done - 12.5% MBA


Phew. At last the term 1 exams are all over. There was a disconcerting quiet in the campus during the last 4-5 days. On sunday evening I went for a stroll, and walked two rounds around the campus. In 20 minutes I crossed just one person, an exchange student from Germany. I was taken aback by the extent to which activity comes to a stop during the exam time.

Just about an hour ago the marketing exam got over. I invoked all my creative juices and poured out some trash in the paper. Basically, I sucked in all the other papers too. So overall I have come to know that I'm way beyond my academic best. But I like the way tests are conducted here. In 3 out of 4 subjects you don't have to rely on memory. You can carry books, notes, cheat sheets etc. I particularly like the way Bruce Allen put instructions in the economics paper. It said something like, you may refer to your books, notes, calculators. But you may not refer to anybody else's 8.5 X 11 answer sheet or calculators. He was another great teacher we had this term. He was a showman and was extremely funny. The way he explained risk aversion with the example of "teeny-weeny" kids asking for milk was the highlight. Alls well that ends well. I will have fond memories of this term(even though the grades may dampen them a bit) where I was introduced to the ISB way of life.

Good news is that I'm starting to Chennai in couple of hours. I have to be back by friday because the LDP classes are scheduled over the weekend. So its a short trip to check the progress of my new apartment which is under construction. I will also get to meet my dear buddies 'Laka laka' and 'J' after almost 2 months. So it will be a 3 day break from studies and obviously blogging too.




The pics : One is the best dunk of term 1 and this one is Section-D with Prof. Waterman.

1 comments:

God Krishna said...

nice insights into ISB dude...i remember me doing the counting for BE with every passing semester..