Sunday, June 17, 2007

A sad demise

I think I'm pretty late to latch on to this news. But it was really really sad to learn about the murder of Koushambi Layek, a 24-year old software professional who used to work for TCS. It particularly haunts because she was killed by her boyfriend from Orkut. Apparently the relationship started in a train journey and matured through orkut scraps. It is very unfortunate that well educated girls fall into the trap drawn by such psychopath's. Only this morning I was so happy that I had an orkut account 'coz I'm keeping myself upto date about my school, college and office friends and lo I read this news item. There is no doubt that orkut is a fabulous medium but a request to all my lady friends reading this blog, is to better avoid the unknown guys. It is true that there are a lot of nice and interesting guys you can possibly meet in Orkut but a safer way to use orkut is to keep in touch with all your old friends who you can't meet on a day to day basis. Poor Kaushambi, may her soul rest in peace.
The story
Read also

0 comments: