Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Classes begin

The class of 2008 is two days into term 1 and the whole atmosphere in the campus has changed. Four hours of classes per day and almost double of that time spent on pre-reads makes it a 12 hr work schedule every day. Add to it time spent to catch up with batch mates, read the newspaper, hitting the gym etc, one hardly has any time to sleep. I think the art will be to assimilate information fast. One should learn the art of skimming thru information and grasping the gist of it. I have been up until 2 AM the last two days. Not that I cannot sustain this, I feel I shd. improve my productivity so that I can participate in other things also.

Talking about the teaching faculty, succinctly put they are really good. I guess I had no reason to think that they will be ordinary considering the fact they all have associations with the Wharton's and Kellogg's of the world. Class participation(CP) is another new concept that is throwing tantrums during lectures. With CP given 20% weightage in marketing there is a mad rush of people wanting to say something or the other. I'm sure the initial enthu will die down after sometime when the student's mind's reach an equilibrium state. Two more days of classes this week and then my study group will hit on two assignments this weekend. My study group is a really curious mix of ppl. I think I will write my next blog about my study group.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well nice blog.. very realisitic descriptions n less exaggeration ! Wud lik to hear much more abt d student mix n their anxieties.. great goin..

Deepak Chembath said...

Thanks. Will post on that soon.