Sunday, April 29, 2007

Pre-Terms done

As I blog after one of the better parties at ISB organized by Liquids(these bars come to ISB to conduct promotional events) some of us are also rejoicing the fact that pre-term courses are over and we are ready to get into Term 1. The pre-term experience was overall pretty good. I had enrolled myself for all three pre-terms of which I would say that quantitative methods was not really necessary. As a matter of fact I learnt new things only in the Accounting classes. The QM guy was actually good. He was touching a lot on philosophy and mathematics and it was quite an interesting fare. The stats guy made himself popular with the 'Boy meets Girl' problem, one that was well received by all the students. The accounts teacher taught us a lot of new concepts. I now know how to balance assets with liabilities and equity. Wow I have already started learning business. Core term 1 starts on monday and I have lots of pre-reading to do before class starts. I will start something productive tomorrow.

IIM results are out. AFAIK two from ISB have made it to IIMs also. One guy has decided to leave ISB and another has decided to stick on. Well personal requirements matter a lot here. My personal take is that if you have less than 3 years exp. go to IIM else stick to ISB.

0 comments: