Saturday, March 29, 2008

Term 8 done - 100% MBA

My system clock said 3:36 AM on 29th March 2008. I realized it was a marquee moment in my life. I just completed my last take home exam for PWPT and got technically done with all academic work. Quickly emailed the assignment to Stefan Thau, my prof, took a print out and went to the academic center to drop it. Didn't stop there, took J one of my good friends at ISB to take a picture of me making the last submission (I'm a senti moron. See pic below). We came back and to celebrate the occasion opened up the bottle of red wine, which my future employer had sent with their welcome kit. After two glasses of wine and the onset of a mild confusion we both set out on a walk of revelation, nostalgia and soul-searching. Finally came back to the room at 6:30 AM and crashed :). lol...

Term 8 was a breeze. I took four subjects once again (How boring). Business to Business Marketing(BBMK), Microfinance (MFIN), Behavioral Finance (BEFN) and Power & Politics (PWPT) were my subjects this term. Gary Lilien, supposedly the next Kotler took the first half of BBMK. Really enjoyed listening to old-school style lectures from this Penn State prof. And well in some ways marketing engineering or scientific marketing is what I'm gonna take as my first job post-MBA. MFIN was interesting and my behavior had changed so much Term 8 to assimilate anything from BEFN !!! PWPT was an interesting subject but I was not in any mood to drag myself to do great work. Nevertheless the insights from PWPT are going to help me for a long long time in life. In total... Term 8, total timepass :).

Have a week more on campus with a one day trip to see the new employer mid-way. Lotsa people are headed to Goa/Dandeli etc. Come friday ISB will be a different place with parents and relatives of all students flocking in. Ah...well, it is a dream come true for many of us and who better to have in your midst.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deepak...

I have followed your blog for sometime now. Peppered with interesting insights... it truly makes for a good reading.Take a bow.

I am part of the 2009 batch... would want to meet you during the orientation week.

Prashanth BP

Deepak Chembath said...

Hey Prashanth. Thanks. We'll meet next week.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

The Tall Dude said...

Hey deepak, I've read thru most of your blogs and you seem to write in a very lucid manner about everything(ISB interview and all) as if it were not a big deal at all which is wonderful. The following question will sounds pretty kiddish and fresher type to you..But here goes..Which are the study materials i need to refer to start preparing for the GMAT?