Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Chill time

So it has been a while since I posted anything on blogosphere. Well a lot of things have happened before I finally decided to wear my introspective cap again. First things first I have successfully graduated. A waning interest in acads started showing up a way bit too much during the electives. My philosophy of taking up courses where I would struggle can be blamed but anyways an ISB invitation to be part of the next-batch’s orientation did come as a nice dollop. With mom away, going back to ISB meant a further respite from cooking (and the rather frequent restaurant trips) and the horrible state of infrastructure near my home. Underground drainage construction cannot wreck any place more than it has done to Old Pallavaram!!

The bind-unwind training at Greenfields, Hyderabad (Ms. Zenobia’s farmhouse) was at once fun and exasperating. We came back with a vengeance on our juniors. Well they finally won when we were finally dunked by our group of kids. The juniors are also really well accomplished and it will come as no surprise to me if they raise the ISB bar higher. Coming out of orientation was much more fulfilling than the eviction that happened on April 6th. Boy, should I mention our last batch party that ended at 7:22 AM on that day. Grandpa kept knocking my door thinking I was sleeping inside and lo behold, I show up from behind :). And he was grinning ‘coz he had finished half a bottle of red wine the previous night (he did enjoy his grandson’s achievement, I should say).

The last two weeks have been spent planning my SE Asian trip with two other school friends (L and K). We have all the tickets, hotel bookings ready now. The Malaysian and Thai visas are also ready. The Cambodian e-Visa should show up anytime. So basically, we are all set to leave on Friday night. We land in KL first, four days of Malaysia, followed by 2 in Cambodia and a wrap up 5 days in Thai. I just can’t wait anymore. K is a little scared of the situation in Cambodia. But as a world traveler you just gotta go.
My new possessions: Blue Curacao, cocktail shaker and essentials ;) !!!

0 comments: