Sunday, January 06, 2008

Drama

"I hate you. I hate myself. I will never talk to you again...sob...sob" said Harish and perched up the huge drum in the balcony. Every one in his class was going for the school excursion to Ooty, but for him. Momma says "no" and says she has her reasons. It was so disturbing. Kishore and Harish had been planning for this excursion for so long. They had even saved on their pocket money so that they could go boating and even have ice-cream in the cold weather. Nikhil had even promised to bring his brother's camera. Now everything was ruined.

There was never enough money for anything. Even last month when Harish wanted a Indian cricket team jersey momma said no. "What a worthless childhood it was?" thought Harish. Before he knew, Harish dozed off in the balcony and woke up early morning realizing he had slept hugging Momma. He was distraught and decided to put up a face till he went to school. It was a really bad day for him except for the fact that Vikas also was dropping out of the excursion. He decided to go to the ground and play cricket after class, even though he knew that Momma would be waiting at home.

Finally at 7 PM he reached home still maintaining the face. Kiran chacha was home and seeing Harish said "Here comes my lion". But Harish was in no mood and went straight to the balcony. Momma said "This drama started last night". He could not take this anymore. A huge tear just rolled down his cheek and just then he felt his uncle's hands on his shoulder. He decided not to turn, but his uncle gave him a key and said "My son, Momma has been saving Rs.100 every month since last fall for this bicycle. I want to see you to take a ride".

Harish did not know what to say. He ran and hugged Momma.

"I'm sorry Momma. I've been such a bad son".

"No dear...I've been quite a bad mom the whole of last year"

Chacha said "Now you both stop the drama". Everyone burst into a big laugh.

0 comments: