Saturday, October 06, 2007

Term 4 done - 50% MBA

Six months in and four terms down, we all are 50% MBAs. The fourth term just whizzed past. I did not particularly enjoy this term academically. Somehow got a feeling that the intent was right but the content was not. We had four subjects, Strategic Analysis of IT, Management of Organizations, Government,Society & business and Investment Analysis. May be my background was such that I could not appreciate all that was going on. Ramana Sonti for investments was good fun even though he used zip thru stuff. He was the typical geeky, self-deprecating and weirdly funny prof., the type you meet so often in engineering college. But this was one subject I enjoyed this term.

As woe be it, the three other subjects in spite of having pretty good teachers had exams that were pedantic and very much memory based. I really felt I was so over the hill for such stuff. Some of my friends won't agree with me 'coz they gape at the fact that I wrote about 'bow-tie' networks in the MGTO exam and have now started treating me like an alien ;-). The term lasted barely 5 weeks and now we have a nice 10 day break. My team is going to bombay for our ELP next week. So should be a good break away from campus and some progress in our project too. And may be do some work on FHC also ;-). Elective terms start from 15th. I think the all equations on campus are going to change. There will be so many sections and people studying various combinations of courses. I'm doing 2 marketing and 2 finance courses in term 5. Last night had a marathon booze session with my core term study group. Really enjoyed the philosophical discussions and the rantings. We were an amazing group, typical housewifey types. With morning classes we slept everyday in the afternoon and when we met we loved to bitch about ppl. Girls will envy the proposition of being in our group...LOL. Here's one to my amazing core term study group and to the 50% MBA.

0 comments: