Thursday, December 20, 2007

Why MBA?

This question is rather too late in the day for someone who is a week away from becoming 75% MBA. But before imaginations run wild, lemme clarify that this post is not really one more figment of my self-introspection and neither is it intended to mock at anybody else's perspective. Notwithstanding why I'm doing my MBA, it sometimes is intriguing when I hear the rather wide ranging (some puzzling) answers I get to hear from some of my batch mates and the several b-school aspirants I interact with. I never thought that the MBA meant so many different things to people. Some of the puzzling ones include

i) I wanted to stretch myself
ii) My Dad challenged me to do an MBA
iii) The chicks are too good man
iv) I think I must become an entrepreneur but I don't have a business idea
v) I really missed college life
vi) I knew I needed a change but couldn't figure out what

While these may sound funny at first shot, the individuals actually managed to put them across convincingly. People indeed have different takeaways from this thing called MBA.

'Solstice 2007' will happen this weekend. We are expecting around 150-200 alums on campus. It is gonna be lot of fun and placement gyaan at the same time. Meanwhile, R1 results of the 'Class of 2009' are out. Welcome juniors. Two aspirants I helped in some ways are thru (Several others in Pagalguy did too) and one more is waitlisted, while the one I thought would sail in very easily missed out.

Finally the third part of last story is getting ready and will be out soon enough :) :).

0 comments: