Sunday, November 25, 2007

Term 5 Done - 62.5% MBA

Yet another term whizzed past or I should rather say bull dozed past us. Contrary to popular alum gyaan term 5 was one of the most hectic terms. May be the choice of courses hurt me but almost the whole batch kept saying this. Did four courses; Marketing Execution, Marketing services, International Finance and Global Strategic management. The less said about academics the better. I would have loved to derive more out of the subjects and what the profs. wanted to convey but somehow the workload was overwhelming enough that I was either under prepared for the classes or was distracted with one thing or the other.

The resume fever really caught up this term. I have been fine tuning my resume all through the term but both my selective applications so far have been dinged (Anyhow I'm too tall to be part of a "short-list"). Did not come as a big surprise considering the spiky strong profiles that got short-listed. More international companies are coming this term and the system of not knowing the final results till February ensures that some of the best in the batch end up getting literally every international offer. I do not know of a way around the complicated issue of accommodating rolling international recruiters without affecting domestic recruiters who come only in Feb. Can't really complain 'coz almost 150 recruiters come around that period.

After exams till this friday, me and team of three others achieved a first of sorts. We won the first place in an RFP contest at IIM Ahmedabad's Confluence 2007. The team sacrificed Diwali celebrations on campus and submitted the prelims proposal 2 weeks ago and lo we entered the finals. After a full nighter on friday we flew in to Ahmedabad on Saturday morning. The IIMA campus was a no-nonsense place and the architecture reminded of my days in CEG. IIMA students were great hosts and everything was organized to perfection. The victory was really sweet and could not have come at a better time. Term 6 starts tomorrow and I'm now staring at two case submissions due by morning. God, please give me the strength to get through two more :) !

6 comments:

Maria George said...

Hey... Congrats on the win!

Deepak Chembath said...

Thanks daagini :)

Anonymous said...

I could see it coming.. :)
Congratulations!

Regards,
Richa.

Deepak Chembath said...

Thanks Richa

Raj said...

Hi Deepak,

Congratulations! on your win...
I've been reading your posts for quite some time now :-) Must say some of them are very well written...

Deepak Chembath said...

Thanks Raj